Getting older, and more so

Have you ever wondered exactly who you are, in essence? The you that was the child, or the teenager - was that the real you? Or the loving parent? Or ... where does you true character reside? Were you more 'you' before than you are now??


Is this me? (Or has 'me' already come and gone ... or am I not fully 'me' yet?)

I remember reading a thing that said that we become more of what we really are as we age. So a person who is really mean, will become increasingly so, and a kind person will get kinder if that is their essential character.

I know that I have a tendency to be critical of others. I'm working on that, I don't want to be more and more of that. I make a determined effort to be kinder. I want to be more and more of that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trolleys and Butterflies

The Shelter of the Most High

A visit from the Tribe